The MillionMile Greenway helps communities find and conserve greenways that connect neighborhoods and larger communities to each other, to nearby natural areas, to recreation, and eventually to greenspaces everywhere.
Empowering citizens, nonprofits, governments and private enterprise, the MillionMile Greenway works one mile at a time for the day when all citizens will live within easy walking distance of outdoor recreation and natural beauty.
At MillionMile Greenway, we believe…
- Greenways should have three components — conservation, recreation and connectivity.
- Positive change happens when interested citizens team with local governments and private landowners to conserve and connect greenspaces.
- Citizens who want to conserve and enjoy greenspace should have the resources, tools, and network of contacts they need to work effectively.
- A network of paths linking parks and other greenspaces increases the utility of every greenspace and expands recreational opportunities for everyone.
- Greenspaces and their connecting greenways give us access to nature, to recreation, and to each other.
- Communities will fight hardest for the natural places they know best.
- Harnessing the passion of local communities is the easiest way to move the needle in conserving their local greenspaces.